25 Jan 2010

Stewed Wanker

The other afternoon I was stewing in the bathtub and mulling over the self inflicted damage that I threw down the previous night at the best bar in Brooklyn. As I soaked, I stared into this awesome graphic of a Conestoga Wagon on the side of my favorite mug. The cup is very special for two reasons: 1.) It was a gift from the little lady for my last birthday, 2.) It's got a sippy-cup-esque lip designed to keep the sipper's mustache free of the sipped beverage. It's up there on the list of my prized possessions.While I've definitely looked at the drawing before, it wasn't until that pruned, self loathing moment that I fully took in the detail of the hatch-work. The style kinda reminds me of a few awesome tattoos I've seen lately. It's definitely a form of illustration that I could see myself imitating/ripping off in the future. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment