1 Oct 2009

Gratitude

You wanna know what's a good time? International messenger events. Last summer's European Cycle Messenger Championships in Berlin was no exception. I even broke my collarbone and still had a rip roaring raucous long weekend.


As you might have guessed I ended up in Accident and Emergency, waking up with little recollection of what had happened or where my bike, campsite, or mind was. The thoughly amazing Berlin A&E doctors wanted to open me up and put some snazzy new BMW screws and plates in but I was bit opposed to the prospect of spending a week in a German speaking hospital. I contacted a family doctor friend back in the states who advised me against any of that crazy cut-'em-up shit. He gave me a 75-85% chance that it'd sort itself out . Being a man of chances I took his prognosis to hear. Now a little over three months later I am feeling fine and dandy. Full motion. No Pain. Sexy bump. I got it all. Look how excited I am!
Anyways, I made this card as a token of my appreciation for his advice, especially since it was a Saturday and Doctors, much like bike messengers, don't like working on the weekend, especially for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment