9 Apr 2010

Grass Quilts & Face Plant!

One of my BFFA (best friends for fucking ages) recently asked me to do a cover for a tape his band, Grass Quilts finally putting out with the band Faceplant. The conversation went something like this:
Grass Quilts: "Yo man, you wanna do a cover for this tape I am putting out"
Me:"Fuck yeah man."
GQ: "AWESOME! I was thinking a wizard smoking a joint with a huge beard with faces in it smoking joints as well. I'm thinking more along the lines of Gandalf instead of Sauron, you know?"
Me: "um, sure. I'll see what I can do."
Here is where I would like to point out that my BFFA dressed up to go see the Lord of the Rings. Keep that tidbit secret, keep it safe.


The song is called We Haunt in Mystic Circles, and as the name suggests, it's some pretty far out shit...man. You can hear all of the nearly 14 minutes of psychedelic awesomeness here on their myspace. Word to the wise, it might take you to distant places...

No comments:

Post a Comment